This Is What Happens When You Charge Your Phone In Bed

Charging your phone while sleeping in bed may seem like an everyday activity to you, but it can have dangerous consequences.

So, if you have a habit of falling asleep in bed with your phone charging, this story should teach you a lesson. Cases where mobile devices explode or catch fire while charging are quite common. This one isn’t much different.

The story is a warning to those who keep their mobiles, tablets, and other devices connected to the charger while in bed.

Photos shared online by the Australian Fire Department on Facebook show a charred bed sheet next to the front end of a charger that appears to have lost its protective coating.

The photos suggest that the charger’s protective coating melted away to burn the bed sheet and other cover. The photos were shared with the caption, “Did your kids get a tablet or phone for Christmas?”

“Make sure they never charge electronics in bed – teach them to follow manufacturers’ guidelines. Charge on a flat surface with no flammable materials nearby, make sure there are no foreign objects in the plug or connector, and avoid cheap accessories like cables, “the post added.


The post said it is important to check that the charging cables are in good condition before using them. If they show signs of wear and tear, they must be disposed of immediately.

“Damaged cables and charging in unsafe conditions can create a risk of electric shock and fire,” it said. The CPR Kids post garnered over 381 shares and some interesting reactions for users.

One user wrote: “I told my daughter that too and now she charges it with the portable charger on the bench, so much safer and less stressful for me.”

“We once charged our phone from a book on our desk. The phone got so hot the book caught fire. Smoke had not yet reached the smoke alarm. Putrid smell alerted us first. Fortunately we didn’t sleep, ”wrote another user.

Now you know what to do and what not to do with your charger.


For more trend stories click here.


Leave a Comment