Arsonist set fire to bed sheets as she couldn’t have a cigarette

An arsonist set fire to the sheets on her bed as she wasn’t allowed out of her mental health unit for a cigarette. Derby Crown Court heard staff at Derby’s Radbourne Unit saw Oakley Norris clutching a lighter in her room after the fire alarm sounded shortly before 2am one morning. And despite wanting to … Read more

Bed & Breakfast fire in downtown Lafayette started from cigarette butt in planter

LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Lafayette firefighters say an improperly discarded cigarette caused a two-alarm fire at the Choo Choo Lofts on Lee Avenue. It happened Thursday around 5 pm according to Lafayette Fire Department Spokesperson Alton Trahan. He said the fire was located outside the entrance to an upstairs unit that was occupied by a … Read more

Bed-and-breakfast fire in Louisiana started from cigarette butt in planter

LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – Lafayette firefighters say an improperly discarded cigarette caused a two-alarm fire at the Choo Choo Lofts on Lee Avenue. It happened Thursday around 5 pm according to Lafayette Fire Department Spokesperson Alton Trahan. He said the fire, which was ruled as accidental, was located outside the entrance to an upstairs units … Read more