Shotton man hospitalised after hairdryer left on bed causes fire

Deeside.com > News

posted: Thu 14th Jul 2022

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales

A man was hospitalized in the early hours of this morning following a fire at an address in Shotton.

Firefighters were called to the property on Chevrons Road, Shotton, Flintshire shortly after midnight.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said the fire in the bedroom was caused by a hairdryer left on the bed.

People are being reminded to ensure hairdryers or straighteners have cooled completely before placing on soft furnishings or packing away.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a fire in the bedroom of a property on Chevrons rd, Shotton, Flintshire at 00.49hrs this morning

“Two crews Deeside attended

“The occupant (one man) taken to hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation and burns to hand.”

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: [email protected]

Leave a Comment