Mum reveals how to get perfect hotel corners with your bedding – but sparks a heated debate in the process
- An Aussie mum has revealed her hack to get the perfect corners on her bed
- The Brisbane home stylist uploaded a tutorial on making a hotel-style bed
- Her tutorial raised the questions, should bed linen be tucked in or left out?
- She often shares her bedroom decor hacks to make her room look like a hotel
An Aussie stylist has shared her hack to get perfect corners when making the bed but it’s raised the controversial question: To tuck or not to tuck?
Brisbane mum-of-four, Liz Amaya, uploaded a tutorial of her unique method to ‘get perfect hotel corners’ when making her bed.
She tucks the sheet under the mattress at the side of her bed and on the corner, she then makes a fold with the excess material and also tucks it under the mattress.
Scroll down for video
Aussie stylist and mum-of-four Liz Amaya revealed her favorite method to get ‘perfect hotel corners’ every time you make your bed
Liz tucks the sheet under the mattress at the side of her bed and on the corner, she then makes a fold with the excess material at the end of the bed and also tucks it under the mattress
‘To tuck or not to tuck? Which team are you?’ the mum asked when she uploaded her video online.
Her followers were quick to chime in with their preference.
‘To tuck for sure! It always looks cleaner,’ one woman said.
‘Definitely team tuck,’ another agreed.
However some believe tucking is ‘too much effort’ and not comfortable for sleeping.
‘I’m a tucker to make not to sleep,’ one woman commented.
‘I’m untucked because it’s just easier,’ another wrote.
‘Depends on how lazy I’m feeling,’ another said.
Previously, the mum revealed how to get your guest room ‘hotel worthy’ for the holidays.
She instructed her followers to make the bed with fresh linen, then add lots of fluffy pillows and add a throw. Try to make sure all the linens, pillows and throw compliment each other.
She also suggested rolling up towels decoratively and placing them on top of the bed alongside soaps and lotions.
Liz’s tips to make your bedroom look and feel luxurious
* Wash your sheets weekly
* Tuck in the corners of your sheets like a hotel
* Vacuum your mattress often to rid dust mites and debris
* Invest in a quality mattress topper to protect your mattress and soften your bed
* Layer cushions for added texture and a luxe look
* Add a throw that compliments the bed linen
Source: Liz Amaya