Grand National 2022 pictures, woman’s dress disaster and man found dead in bed

Good afternoon, these are the latest lunchtime ECHO headlines.

Grand National 2022 Thursday pictures from Aintree of first glamorous arrivals

The Grand National Festival 2022 has welcomed back thousands of racegoers at Aintree racecourse this morning.

Grand National Festival opens today, April 7, for NHS Day as staff who have worked throughout the coronavirus pandemic are celebrated for their efforts. The event will run until April 9, when one horse will be crowned winner of the legendary steeplechase.

This year’s event is the first that has been held at full capacity since 2019. Excited visitors arrived this morning as the gates opened at 10am ready for the first day.

READ MORE: Grand National Thursday 2022 live updates – Aintree racecard, results, weather and best-dressed pictures

Many visitors have opted for coats and boots as the weather looks wet and chilly.

Read the full story here.

CCTV shows Evri driver ‘throwing Grand National Ladies Day dress to dogs’

CCTV captured a delivery driver ‘frisbeeing’ a parcel over the heads of two dogs leaving their owner shocked.

Lucy Doggart ordered a dress from ASOS to wear at this year’s Ladies Day at Aintree races on Friday, April 8. However, the dress ended up “covered in slobber” and its plastic packaging shreddered across the garden after being thrown into her garden.

The 21-year-old checked her CCTV footage and watched the Evri – formerly Hermes – courier frisbee the parcel to her back door, prompting the curious pups to chase after it.

Read the full story here.

Man found dead in bed three days after being discharged from hospital

A man was found dead in bed after overdosing on painkillers.

An inquest at Warrington coroners court heard how Conor Steven Shone was found by staff at Bridge Foyer, a supported housing site in Chester on July 20, last year. The 20-year-old had fatal levels of tramadol in his system and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Conor had admitted himself to the Countess of Chester Hospital after unintentionally overdosing on tramadol and vodka three days before his death. He was treated and sent home the same day, Cheshire Live reports.

.

Leave a Comment