Five Ded Colleges To Close In January, Over 350 Since 2018 | Pune News

Pune: Unemployment and a hiring freeze have prompted the closure of five teacher training colleges offering undergraduate and bachelor’s degrees in education in the state due to a lack of enrollment.
The number of colleges in the state offering these courses was over 1,000 until five years ago. However, over time, the number has dropped to 600. The colleges that closed could not find takers.
Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) is a full-time, two-year degree. Approval is granted at the state level through a centralized approval process.
The high 70% of the government quota seats are occupied by the candidates who pass the respective regional state secondary and higher secondary examinations, and the remaining 30% of the seats are occupied by the candidates who pass other regional bodies. by merit.
Deputy Director of Education Meena Shendkar said: “In Pune District, the Government Urdu School for Teachers will be closed. The college has had very poor enrollments for the past five to six years and is not recovering costs. It’s a government-sponsored college, but candidates are turning their backs on it, so it was decided to close it.”
Sharada Marathe, director of a teacher training institute, said: “Since 2012, the hiring process at state schools and junior colleges has been suspended. The candidates want to find a job immediately after completing their studies. Then there is an additional criterion for passing the TET exam, which further reduced the chances of enrollment.”
Vinod Talekar, another senior director of a teacher training institute in Navi Mumbai, said: “We have written to the education department to revise the course with some new additions based on the ongoing changes in teacher training techniques. The online educational element needs to be more widely incorporated into the curriculum. There are some subjects that are redundant and need to be eliminated from the curriculum. Colleges will only survive if the curriculum is made operational for candidates. If they are not state institutes, candidates can also find jobs at private schools if these changes are made.”
Educators said more elementary school teachers were needed to overcome the learning losses created by online instruction.
Some young students who wanted to become elementary school teachers said they had to adjust their options and choose other courses that lead to better careers because there is too much uncertainty about government teaching jobs.

.

Leave a Comment