Bed & Breakfast fire in downtown Lafayette started from cigarette butt in planter

LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Lafayette firefighters say an improperly discarded cigarette caused a two-alarm fire at the Choo Choo Lofts on Lee Avenue.

It happened Thursday around 5 pm according to Lafayette Fire Department Spokesperson Alton Trahan.

He said the fire was located outside the entrance to an upstairs unit that was occupied by a family from out of town.

According to Trahan, the fire was caused by a cigarette that had been left in a planter outside the front door.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was ruled an accident, Trahan said.

.

Leave a Comment