A shopper walks past a Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. store
Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Bed Bath & Beyond continues to close underperforming locations, with dozens of closings planned for earlier this year.
The company released a list of 37 locations in 19 states that have already begun liquidation sales and are expected to close by the end of February. It includes five Bed Bath stores in California, seven in New York, and one in New Jersey.
In 2020, Bed Bath announced that it would close approximately 200 of its key banner stores over two years as part of its wider turnaround effort. It’s also in the midst of site redesign to reduce clutter and add lighter signage and new brands.
When Bed Bath released third quarter results on Wednesday, the homeware retailer said it has closed around 170 locations so far and is still on track to hit 200 by the end of the year.
Board chairman Mark Tritton told analysts the company would look into further closings in the future. It also owns the BuyBuy Baby banner, which was a ray of hope for the business last quarter as sales of household and bath products slowed at Bed Bath.
“We are performing a major transformation while running a business in a highly unpredictable environment,” said Tritton during a conference call about the results.
Bed Bath stocks are down about 31% over the past 12 months.
Here is the list of 37 Bed Bath & Beyond locations slated to close earlier this year:
- Oxford: 1000 Oxford Exchange Blvd.
- Casa Grande: 1004 North Promenade Parkway
- Yuma: 1212 South Castle Dome Avenue.
- Campbell: Almarida Place, 515 East Hamilton Avenue
- Laguna Niguel: 32391 Golden Lantern
- Milpitas: Great Mall Drive 147
- Rancho Santa Margarita: 22235 El Paseo
- Tustin: Tustin Market Place II, 13692 Jamboree Road
- Orange City: 963 Harley Strickland Blvd.
- Atlanta: 130 Perimeter Center West
- Marietta: 4475 Roswell Road
- Pocatello: 1732 Hurley Drive
- Jackson: 1132 Jackson Crossing
- Duluth: 1303 Miller Trunk Highway
- Eagan: 1295 Promenade Square
- St. Joseph: 5201 North Belt Highway
- Meridian: 131 S. Frontage Road
- Edgewater: Edgewater Commons, 489 River Road
- Auburn: Auburn Plaza, 217 Grant Avenue.
- Canandaigua: 328 Eastern Blvd.
- Glenmont: 388 Feura Bush Road
- Niagara Falls: Military Road 1520
- Plainview: 401 S. Oyster Bay Road
- Port Chester: 25 Waterfront Place
- Spring Valley: 14 B Spring Valley Marketplace
- Mansfield: Ontario Towne Center, 2259 Walker Lake Road
- Pittsburgh: 7507 McKnight Road
- York: 2845 Concord Road
- Brownsville: Sunrise Palms Mall, 3000 Pablo Kisel Blvd.
- San Angelo: 4169 Sunset Drive
- Vienna: Kettenbrückenstrasse 2051
- East Wenatchee: 511 Valley Mall Parkway
- Longview: 200 Triangle Center
- Seattle: 2600 SW Barton St.
- Union Gap: 1740 East Washington St.
- Sheboygan: Memorial Mall, 3347 Kohler Memorial Drive
- Triadelphia: 555 Cabela Drive